Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: How Long, How Old

  1. #51
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah yes, club 369/goodies. The thing i remember most about that place was the hideous soundman. I saw 3 shows there and by the 4th i learned my lesson and stayed home. He would turn it up SO loud that it was deafening. Saw DI, agent orange, and the cadillac tramps there and i swore after my third show i would never go back.

    What about club mesa? anybody remember that dive? Now that was a bonafide shithole. that was the only place i could walk into and my feet would literally stick to the floor. The security guards were all skinheads and they would shed the yellow shirts when the band started and kick the hell out of the blacks and the mexicans before they knew what hit em. Then when the gig was over, they would but the shirts back on and usher everyone outside. I always thought that was pretty funny.

    Never went to the country club back in the day because i tried everything in my power to stay out of the valley. It must be a frank zappa and nicholas cage thing i guess. I missed some great gigs there though. The coach house was a big deal though.

    steve

  2. #52
    Inactive Member RamblinGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I DO I DO!!! yup I could sworn I was typing Club Mesa but then put Club 369....damn I shoulda read my post before I sent.

    I am just glad my fellers were older and took care of me. Man, I don't want to imagine what could have happened if they weren't so diligent. I'm lucky.


    *cheers* wait...I mean g'night.


    ~C

  3. #53
    Inactive Member SxDxTrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2004
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very happy to see other 30ish people here but happier to see the new school here as well, and I thought we were hopelessly doomed... younger generation-wise. LOL glum from Banana Splits-Gulliver's Travels anyone? Hope is reborn and alive! Thanks to all of you!

  4. #54
    Inactive Member sean13ducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RENODIVORCE:
    Great to see you OC originals still around ( Sean 13 Ducks, you da man ).
    Damn, We should all have a Reunion BBQ or something, Bring the kids, tell stories, laugh at each others wrinkles ect..[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">i'm game
    i've got inlaws comming to your side of town soon be down 1st of '05

  5. #55
    Kematter
    Guest Kematter's Avatar

    Post

    damn............

    IRS "the cutting edge" was my favorite show !

    Rock on !

  6. #56
    Inactive Member AlyssaBlackStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HEY! I'M 17 AND I'VE BEEN A HUGE SOCIAL DISTORTION FAN FOR SIX YEARS. I HEARD STORY OF MY LIFE ON KROQ, WENT AND BOUGHT THE CD, AND AUTOMATICALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH MIKE NESS. I HAVE SEEN THEM AT INLAND INVASION 1 AND 2, AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES, ANAHEIM, AND I'M GOING TO SEE THEM AT THE WILTERN ON NOVEMBER 24.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member ball and chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'The Cutting Edge' also exposed me to the band, Specimen, a cult-favorite of mine--remember 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'?

  8. #58
    Inactive Member big-ballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2004
    Posts
    272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 26, been listening since '92 along with bad religion (before they where lame!) and Guttermouth, when they lived off of Main street I Huntington near "the electric chair" where all the shit would go down...

    I grew up in Huntington and as you know there's a HUGE punk influence there...

  9. #59
    Kematter
    Guest Kematter's Avatar

    Post

    I don't remember Specimen ...

    My favorite was The Alarm interview on the train.

    I got to meet Peter Zaremba when I saw the Fleshtones , way back in 88.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member ball and chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is my first post to the board. I'm 34 and have seriously been into social d since the self-titled LP after seeing 'story of my life' and 'ball and chain' on what i believe was MTV's '120 Minutes' (damn I miss Dave Kendall Kevin Seal--by the way, does anybody remember watching 'IRS's - The Cutting Edge' on MTV back in the early 80's?).

    I was first exposed to the band in the early 80's when i saw 'another state of mind'. I either rented the VHS from my local video store or I saw it on USA when they used to have alternative/new wave programming on in the wee hours on Friday Saturday nights. I think the show was called 'night moves' or something. I'm not sure--I could be wrong.

    Anyway, I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts and like the fact that the older fans are exchanging thoughts with the younger fans. I'm going to the show tonight in Orlando so I'll post the set list when i get home.

    p.s. Why are 'I Was Wrong' and 'Winners and Losers' not being played live recently? The former is a great older song and the latter is my favorite on the new album next to 'Highway 101'.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •